Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thing #12 - Do you DIGG?

How do you think you can use these tools in your library or home:
At both places it would be an alternative way of getting your daily news. It could be used to start a discussion in a school library setting.

Do they seem to be a productivity enhancer or detractor?
Well, that would depend on the person viewing them and their habits. I am not sure what is meant by "productivity" in the question, I guess... I can discipline myself to look at these and still get my work done, but someone else may not be able to. I'm not sure reading these tools would make me more productive, but it might be a catalyst for some interesting discussions with my fellow librarians. And if you tend to get "lost" in reading things on the Internet and lose track of time, then it could potentially be a "productivity detractor" for you.

Have you ever read a story or item as a result of seeing it on one of these sites?
No, I have never used any of these, but I have read many many stories on MSN and Yahoo.com

No comments: