Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing #3 - Set Up an RSS Account & Add Feeds

Well, this was interesting. I can see where it could be very addicting, and also how it could save us busy professionals a lot of time... I added a Bloglines button to my toolbar and saved some interesting blogs to it by using the "Favorites" pulldown. Coincidentally, on the msn frontpage this evening there was an article called "10 Best Websites You've Never Heard Of" so I looked at some of these to see if I might want to include any in this exercise. None of the ones I found included an RSS feed, however, so I could not use them for my blog. I found another one I check a lot, however ("Sticks and Drones") that worked. After going through this exercise, I certainly can see how setting up an RSS account to your blog and adding feeds can help you stay current on issues, use your time more efficiently, and organize your ideas and work more quickly.

No comments: