Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing #8 - Share Your Creations

I created a database of my new puppy books from home with the lazybase.com tool. The link to it is located on the right side of my blog under the avatar information. I didn't think the lazybase.com site was that intuitive, however. The one link I needed (how to export the database to my web page) didn't work! I thought I could just paste the HTML code into my blog but it didn't work that way for me. I had to go to the "Add a page element" menu to do so. I also don't really like the way the database displays when you click on the link, but oh well...

What uses do these tools have for library or personal use?
Oh, all you need is time! - Seriously, there is a wealth of information included with this Thing, and much of it can be used for library instruction. A few of these applications might be: Powerpoint side shows, various databases of books that can be used for classroom assignments and/or supplementation for research, all types of formats - audio and video for students to show their work or presentation skills, the online portfolio/resume maker sites were also cool. The possibilities for personal and/or home use are equally tantalizing and overwhelming as well! I can picture scrapbooks, slide shows, a mixture of audio and video shows of vacations, hobbies, etc. It is just amazing what is out there for creative people to use nowdays.

1 comment:

JeanneBR said...

Your dog is beautiful!