Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing #9 - Online Collaboration Tools

I used Google Doc to create the below document and illustration. I found a copy of the text of this familiar tale on the web and imported it into my Google Doc page. I changed the text color, font, size and alignment, then added a picture from the web and exported it to my blog. It sure got a lot larger than I thought - I didn't look before I moved it to my blog to see if there was an option to resize it - oops. I wish it could have been smaller.

I can see where this online collaboration tool would be very handy for a team of librarians to use. We recently created a new library mission/philosophy and this would be another way we could have teamed on the wording and editing together, without even leaving our desks, or even from our homes.

No comments: