Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thing #15 - Online Games and Libraries

I watched the video of Info Island/Second Life. I actually thought it was slightly creepy... I have never played a lot of video games and I would not be a fan of a decision to include them in the library. People can play these things at home. I actually think we all should do more things outside (biking, softball, bowling, swimming, walking, play an instrument, shop, visit neighbors, tennis, read books), and work on things that give a feeling of accomplishment instead of staring at the computer all the time. Online games have their place, of course, but I wish people would spend more time in their "First Life", instead of choosing to retreat into a "Second Life" so often. I think we would all be healthier for it. (Just my 2 cents, please don't throw virtual tomatos at me...)

No comments: