Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thing #4 - Explore Flicker

I was able to successfully upload the below image from the Flicker public files to my blog. Since I did not have my digital camera handy, this worked fine. I have never heard of Flicker before, so I enjoyed reading about it and looking through images that other people have uploaded for public use. There are many ways to use this feature in the library. You could do a whole tour of all the features and places in your library (for new students) and set it up so that if you mouse over each image, it will display information about each one. You could add links to a map of the library, the online catalog, current library related news, etc. This feature could be useful to patrons for learning library staff names and positions too. What a creative tool Flicker is!

No comments: