Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thing # 13 - Online Productivity Tools

Which start page did you choose?
I chose My Yahoo, as I already have a Yahoo account. I think I will make it my permanent home page at home, since I access it a lot for the hobby listservs I am on.

Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at the library or at home?
Yes, I am especially interested in Cute PDF &/or Zamzar. They would help me to send photos to other people I know via the Web.
Which tool(s) would you recommend to others?
I would recommend either of the PDF sites or Zamzar. Also 30 Boxes would be a unique way to remember birthdays (I have a hard time w/these sometimes).

How can online calendars be useful to you?
If you are already spending a lot of time with your computer because of work and recreation, this would be a very efficient way to check out schedules, meetings, and other events you need to be aware of.

What about the to-do lists
I would not use these. It would be easier and quicker for me to grab a piece of paper or 3M sticky and put it in my pocket or on the memo boards at home or work.

Did you try out Backpack? No

Did you try any of the other tools on the list? Any good ones we should all try?
My Stickies would be a cool tool to use if I was still in library school. There were so many papers that I needed to revise, these colored digital bookmarks would be an awesome way to mark the places I need to change.
Ta Da List would be helpful for if you needed to keep track of agendas for meetings, things to pack for a trip, things you don't want to forget in general, things to do around the house, grocery lists, things to pack for a trip, etc. etc. The only thing is, for some of these I would need to print it out, so why not just make a paper list?

By the way, the Spell Check on the Edit Html page of this Blogger is very cool and efficient tool. I use it a lot for the 23 Things as I tend to write fast and rather messy :-(

No comments: